Homalomena insignis

  • Subject: Homalomena insignis
  • From: "Marek Argent" <abri1973@wp.pl>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:33:23 +0100

Hello Peter,

I bought 2 young plants in an aquaristic shop as "water plants"
I suspect they were grown in hydroponics in high temperature
they have thick roots and they are cut from the main rhizome.
I'd like to accomodate them to the normal room conditions.
A few days ago I put the plants on the aquarium cover (see the photos)
that the roots are submerged in water and the leaves are above.
I want them to develop strong roots before I plant them in a pot,
but I noticed today that the roots begin to rot from inside.
What to do? Please help me.

Best,
Marek Argent