Spathiphyllum ID

Jared,

Appears to be an Anthurium but I can't be certain of the hybrid (or species) since your spadix photo doesn't clearly show the spathe.  My guess would be a hybrid form of Anthurium plowmanii.

Steve Lucas
www.ExoticRainforest.com

JaredR McKinley wrote:
Hi. I was a member a long time ago, and have recently rejoined. I am a general plant enthusiast in Tucson.

I just had a friend who had a little accident with his plant. His gardener hacked it up pretty good. He wants a replacement, but I am not sure exactly what it is. I think it is a Spathiphyllum species. But I am not totally sure. Here are some image links. Can anyone identify this for me and even better, let me know where I could obtain a nice large specimen? It is a rather large plant, or at least it was before it was "trimmed".

http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m173/manihot/?action="">
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m173/manihot/?action="">
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m173/manihot/?action="">
http://s104.photobucket.com/albums/m173/manihot/?action="">

thanks. And I look forward to corresponding with you guys again. I remember some real plant nerds in this list! (that is, of course, a compliment)

--
((Expecto Patronum))

Jared R. McKinley

begin:vcard