Re: Aroid fruit parts.

  • Subject: Re: Aroid fruit parts.
  • From: <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:03:14 +0000

Dear Marek,

See "The Genera of Araceae" by Bogner, Mayo and Boyce, pgs. 232 and 233, plate 77.---
"Ovary ovoid, 1-5 locular,(1-)4(-8) per locule, anatropous, placenta axile to sub apical, stylar region short to long-attenuate.
Berry: obovoid,or depressed-globose,1-several seeded, usually green or orange, rarely yellow.
SEED: ovoid to ellipsoid, strophiolate, testa costate, embryo axile, elongate, endosperm copious.   Some good illustrations will help explain this description.
I hope this helps.

The Best,

Julius