Re: Amorphophallus propagation

  • Subject: Re: Amorphophallus propagation
  • From: Scott Hyndman <hyndman@aroid.org>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:35:09 -0500

Dear Marco,

Since this page on aroid tissue culture propagation was first
published in 1996, you have discovered one of the many unfortunate
faults of the Web as a long term medium for informational exchange,
ie. dead or broken links.  Thank you for finding these two.

The link to Acram Tami's site is apparently gone, which is a shame.

Rick Walker's site "Tissue culture in the Home Kitchen" is now at
http://www.omnisterra.com/botany/cp/slides/tc/tc.htm  The information
is just as applicable today as it was in 1996.

In a future updated edition of the Micropropagation of Aroids, I will
also suggest the site of Carol Stiff at http://
www.hometissueculture.org/

If you are looking for tissue culture research reports detailing the
tissue culture of Amorphophallus specifically,  please contact me off
the list and I can send you some.

Happy cloning, Scott
hyndman@aroid.org