Re: Alocasia Amazonica and Alocasia x Amazonica

  • Subject: Re: Alocasia Amazonica and Alocasia x Amazonica
  • From: ExoticRainforest <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:30:54 -0600

I was just sent this:  "André seems to have validated several nothospecific Alocasia in Revue Horticole and Alocasia amazonica might be one of them."

My question still remains.  How did André validate a plant hybridized after he died?

I'm doing all I can to keep this updated on this page:  http://www.exoticrainforest.com/Alocasia%20micholitziana%20%20pc.html

Steve
www.ExoticRainforest.com

Tom Croat wrote:

Steve:

            I am pretty sure that it was EF Andre who did most of the collecting and botany work that we know of.

Tom

begin:vcard
fn:Steve  Lucas
n:Lucas;Steve