Re: RES: Aglaomena & Amerindian plants & Anoucha

Bom Dia Eduardo,

Indeed it is amazing how people carry plants around the globe.

Do you know the origin (and the name ?) of the fine Amerindian bambu that you find in the middle of the rainforest ? The french call them 'cambrouses'. From the air they are bright green places in the forest and they are without exeption old Amerindian settlements.
If you dig in the soil there (terra preta) you find pieces of potterie and in you are very lucky stone arrow points.

I wonder if this bambu is from Asia and brought to Amazonia (via Peru ?) in pre-colombian times ?

Sorry this is not about aroids...........have a nice day !