Re: Zamioculcas zamiifolia

  • Subject: Re: Zamioculcas zamiifolia
  • From: "Steve Lucas/Exotic Rainforest.com" <Steve@ExoticRainforest.com>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2010 14:59:32 -0600

The info on the page about Zamioculcas zamiiofolia is specific to that plant.  I explain the differences in stems and petioles as well as the differences in tubers, corms and bulbs here:

Dylan Hannon just explained the difference in the petiole and the rachis and I will be working on the page as soon as time permits to update the info.  The petiole grows from tuberous roots which is not a true tuber.  At the point where the leaflets begin to join the stalk the petiole becomes a rachis and is a somewhat unususual form of a compound leaf.  I am corresponding with Dylan now to make sure I get all the info correct.