Re: Looking for info on achamones welwitschiI

  • Subject: Re: Looking for info on achamones welwitschiI
  • From: Christopher Rogers <branchiopod@gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 09:35:29 -0600

Greetings!

Anchomaenes wants sun in high humidity and bright indirect light in shade in low humidity conditions. Keep it warm, even when dormant. Keep it potted during dormancy, as the roots stay active. Let dry out between waterings. Make sure the pot is large to accommodate tuber growth. Make sure the potting medium is extremely well drained and allows lots of oxygen. Well rotted compost is always welcome. If you break a large well established root from the tuber, it may form a new plant.

My largest plant had a leaf two meters high.

Happy days,
Christopher