Sheldon's Mystery Tree

  • Subject: Sheldon's Mystery Tree
  • From: Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 12:18:12 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for your response, Elizabeth.  I was hoping myself that it might be an extra-hardy Delonix, but the leaflets are wrong.  All of the Delonix pictures I've seen have a very small, mimosa-type of leaflets.  My tree has leaflets that are about 3" long by 1" wide and pointed on both ends.  I really should have taken a picture of a single entire leaf before they all fell off.  I'll try harder next year!!

I'm attaching (I hope) a picture of the tree trunk.  I think the pattern of the bark is interesting.

Thanks again.

Sheldon Hatheway
Canby, Oregon