Re: Sheldon's Mystery Tree

  • Subject: Re: Sheldon's Mystery Tree
  • From: Sheldon Hatheway <sfhatheway@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 07:20:45 -0800 (PST)

I just finished an online search for Erythrina crista-galli.  Such beautiful flowers!!  Oh, how I wish that were my tree, but the leaves are wrong.  The descriptions given on the net were for only 3 leaflets per leaf.  Mine has dozens of leaflets per leaf.  The furrowing of the bark is also noticeably different.  Oh, woe!! and back to the drawing board.