Re: Sheldon's Mystery Tree

Sheldon,

I may be wrong but I believe that all the Erythrina are just once pinnate whereas your leaves are obviously twice pinnate. I'll try and do some checking on that character tomorrow when I have the right books in front of me.

Jonathan
From: aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com [aroid-l-bounces@gizmoworks.com] On Behalf Of Sheldon Hatheway [sfhatheway@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:20 AM
To: Discussion of aroids
Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] Sheldon's Mystery Tree

I just finished an online search for Erythrina crista-galli.  Such beautiful flowers!!  Oh, how I wish that were my tree, but the leaves are wrong.  The descriptions given on the net were for only 3 leaflets per leaf.  Mine has dozens of leaflets per leaf.  The furrowing of the bark is also noticeably different.  Oh, woe!! and back to the drawing board.

Sheldon