Re: Philodendron aerial roots

I've not had the root rot problem when burying air roots on anthuriums.   I
have a clarinervium that after a few years grows a long stem with leaves at
the top.  I've generally just dug it up, cut a few of the underground roots
back so that I could bury it deeper and then buried the plant to a higher
level.  The newly-buried air roots have survived the burial, have grown,
and the plant continues to thrive.   I presume, though, that with such a
hardy plant, only a blow torch or a deep freeze would kill it and that it's
suriving this trivial torture easily.