RE: RE: not-so-variegated Alocasia micholitziana variegata

From: on behalf of Lester Kallus
Sent: 	Friday, November 21, 1997 10:34 PM
Subject: 	Re: RE: not-so-variegated Alocasia micholitziana variegata

>>Do offsets of those larger plants begin to put out variegated leaves again?
Yes, I believe so, as in Trinidad I used to come across specimens of the large
common Alocasia sp. around houses that had been planted there as a curiosity
due to their variegation.  These were the ones where I observed the "wax and
wane" of the level of Variegation, and offshoots seemed to ALWAYS produce
variegated plants, so the strain has kept constant over MANY years with no
real efforts to keep it that way, except for the giving away to friends the
suckers of this curious and beautiful plant.
Cheers, Julius