Re: Philodendron elephantissimum

Dear Alan As a Philodendron collector I have a reasonably extensive
library of articles, extracts, references,etc and after going through them
last night, could find no reference at all to P elephantissimum, and I
have never heard of it myself. The nearest name I could find was
P.elaphoglossoides, which was reduced to synonomy under P.heterophyllum.
This was in the original Index Kewensis with an original published
reference of Schott,Syn.Aroid,80. This is probably not much help. Perhaps
Dr Croat can enlighten us if he has ever heard of P.elephantissimum. My
suspiscions are that it is one of those names that has been invented /
misspelt / corrupted from something quite distinct. What does the plant
look like? Perhaps a photo sent to the Aroid ID page may allow us to have
a look and see if it can be identified. regards Neil

Neil Crafter
Adelaide, Australia