Reminder on replying to sender

This is a reminder (a gentle one, I hope) that when you do a "reply" to a
message from Aroid-L, generally your reply goes back to the entire list
rather than just to the person who sent the original note. I say
"generally" because it depends somewhat on what mail program you use -
some will ask you whether you want to reply to just the sender.

This also varies by mailing list - some have the default reply address set
to the list, some to the sender of the individual notes. There are pros
and cons for each, but for Aroid-L, the default is to the entire list.

When we (the listowners) see messages that are clearly intended for just
one person, especially a reply such as to Judy's generous offer of extra
seeds, rather than air private mail publicly and add extra mail to
everyone's already overflowing inboxes, we hold those notes. As we get
time, we try to forward them on to the intended recipient, but please be
aware that this is a lower priority (than the usual list management, or
our real day jobs, for instance). Those of you who sent replies to the
list instead of to Judy directly may wish to send her a note to be sure
she gets your request right away.

-- Steve Marak
-- samarak@arachne.uark.edu