Hello this is Brian Williams. I first started collecting aroids 2 1/2 years
ago. I had been building ponds and waterfalls and started getting interested
in the aquatic plants. My dad took me to Georgia's Botanical garden. That is
were I first saw this 5 to 6 foot Cyrtosperma Johnstonii. I had no idea what
it was or what I was getting my self into. I asked the garden if anyone knew
were I could get one. They said they only had one and did not know were it
came from. I searched the Internet and found a letter written by Julius Boos
about plants he was interested in. I wrote him an e-mail. He said the plant
was hard to keep a live and he did not have any. I found out that Glasshouse
works had carried the plant before. So I bugged them till they sent me one
for 30.00 dollars. After that I have been an addict. Julius has told me a lot
about the aquatics and how I should take care of them and more. Dewey Fisk
and others have all helped me find the plants that I desire. Now I have a 3
foot Cyrtosperma in my room with heaters on it Urospatha in a fish tank and
all the others that I have collected in the greenhouse. It makes me happy to
see a new leaf come out. but if they are dieing it really makes me mad that I
cannot keep it alive. I thank all of you for the help. I am having bad times
right know my step father has passed away, the day after thanksgiving. I have
been spending all my time with my Mom right now. I thank everyone like Dewey
and Julius Tim Andy and the others for sending me plants. This makes me fill
good and gets my mind off other problems right now. I THANK YOU.  I would
like If you read this that you can say a prayer for my mother that she can
make it. THANK YOU I am glad that I have friends on the Internet that share
the same interest even though I have never seen most of you. THANK YOU for
your help.