Re: Amorph turning yellow!

  • To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
  • Subject: Re: Amorph turning yellow!
  • From: "Wilbert Hetterscheid" <hetter@worldonline.nl>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 13:12:03 -0500 (CDT)

That doesn't sound too good. Now paeoniifolius is a strong beast but only
two months of growth is erratic. Brown undersides of leaves doesn't sound
good either. Is there a small animal working it? May have to look closely
with a hand lense. There is a way around this but not without risk: if you
are sure the leaf is going to die, boost the plant with a fertiliser and
that may incite it to produce a new leaf. Normally an Amorphophallus will
retain a leaf from 6 months (quickies) to 18 months (big'uns like titanum).