Worm Castings

A while ago there was a discussion about coco fiber.  I understood the
general opinion to be that it broke down so rapidly that it was not a great
material to use in potting mixes.

I'm currently searching for some combination to add to soilless mix that
would work well with Alocasias.  I was advised to use Nature's Helper
(apparently some break down product of pine bark).  Unfortunately, the
garden centers and Home Depots here and Miami have not had the material in
stock (nor have even heard of it).  Consequently, I'm looking for a

How rapidly do Worm Castings break down and would they be an adequate
ingredient in a soilless mix (assuming that I added enough sponge rock to
keep it draining well)?