Typhonium lindleyanum autumn treatment

  • Subject: Typhonium lindleyanum autumn treatment
  • From: magrysbo@shu.edu
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:46:33 -0500 (CDT)

My 4 plantlets of T. lindleyanum grew a few extra inches/a few leaves this spring and summer, up to 9 inches tall. The 2 in pots sitting in trays of water did better than the 2 in ground. Now we are getting occasional nights down to 50F here in New Jersey. My question is, will they go dormant just like Typhonium venosum, should I start drying them out now. If not, how long can they be left outdoors here. Will they be damaged (root-wise) by a touch of frost? What kind of tuber or rhizome do they have? I can bring them in and dry them out now, or keep them going under lights as they seem to want to be making more new leaves.
Please advise us who have received these plantlets.
Bonavenutre Magrys