Re: Black Anthurium

  • Subject: Re: Black Anthurium
  • From: Iza & Carol Goroff <goroff@idcnet.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 21:48:17 -0500 (CDT)

This past weekend I attended the Chicagoland Orchid Festival, which is a group
of Chicago area orchid nurseries who invite other orchid nurseries from around
the world to bring plants to be sold at the host nurseries (together with their
own plants). At Windsong Orchids Ecuagenera from Ecuador brought several plants
of a black Anthurium. The Ecuagenera representative (owner?) said he didn't
know the species name, however, there was an almost illegible label that read
Anthurium bothiae (this from my memory). The spathes were a very dark reddish
purple, very close to black.

Iza Goroff
Whitewater Wisconsin