Re: Anth. pseudospectabilis

  • Subject: Re: Anth. pseudospectabilis
  • From: SelbyHort@aol.com
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:06:14 -0500 (CDT)

You've got a monster on your hands. There is no holding it back. Anthurium
pseudospectabile will eventually grow leaves reaching several meters in
length. You need to put your plant into a very sturdy hanging basket,
preferably a heavy wooden slat one with extra-heavy wire hangers, and hang it
up as high as you can. Then watch it grow! This is a conservatory-sized plant
and not one for small places.

<< Ok, I have 2 seedlings that went from a very crowded 4" pot to a 6" pot
 spring. The 4" was bulging a little and the roots were beginning to poke out
 the bottom so I thought I would pot them up. Well, the 6" pots are now in
 the same condition after the summer. Should I pot them up again or leave
 them there for a year (or 2)?
 The leaves are about 2'+ long and grow REALLY fast when they are unfurling.
 Any suggestions?