Re: It's everwhere

  • Subject: Re: It's everwhere
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@email.msn.com>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 11:21:56 -0500 (CDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: Don Martinson <llmen@wi.rr.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list AROID-L <aroid-l@mobot.org>
Sent: Monday, October 08, 2001 11:23 PM
Subject: It's everwhere

Dear Don,

I read (and I THINK I`m getting this right!) that it 'gels' when it gets
stuck in the throat, and this 'gelling' makes it difficult/impossible to
dislodge when rescue workers try the 'manouver', it stays put!
Hope that this helps.

>>An interesting article in this morning's newspaper caught my eye:

Obviously, our friend, A. konjac is a plant of many uses.

Is anyone familiar with this product?   I'm curious why it is
considered as a choking hazard as opposed to any other small candy,
such as jelly beans.
Don Martinson
Milwaukee, Wisconsin