Re: Anth. pseudospectabilis

  • Subject: Re: Anth. pseudospectabilis
  • From: Neil Carroll <zzamia@hargray.com>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2001 00:34:52 -0500 (CDT)

>You've got a monster on your hands. There is no holding it back. Anthurium
>pseudospectabile will eventually grow leaves reaching several meters in
>length.

Donna and John, True that this species gets huge but I think "several
meters" is a bit of an exagerration. The largest plants I have seen in
habitat (and I have seen at least a couple hundred large ones) have leaves
that may aproach 12 - 13 feet with the petiole.

Neil

 You need to put your plant into a very sturdy hanging basket,