Alocasia sarian

>I don't know any of the history behind Alocasia 'Sarian' but we have some
>growing here and they sure look like they have A. zebrina in them. How big
>will they get? we planted small ones out this spring and they are up 3-4'
>tall. They are very attractive but my favorite Alocasia is till A.
>'Portora' and A. macrorrhiza 'Nigra'.

I have been curious about Alocasia Sarian as well. Alocasias aren't my
main focus as far as aroids go, but I could not resist purchasing a
small Alocasia sarian almost a year ago, and it shot up to six feet high
since then. I am not sure if this is a lead or not, but in searching the
internet for some other botanical subject, I  came across a website
originating in (I think)the Phillipines dealing with horticulture, and
there was mention of someone with the last name of Sarian. It was not my
focus at the time, and I meant to look into it a little more, but never
got around to it. Perhaps this is a hybrid created by this person, or a
species named after him or her, or perhaps it is just a coincidence. I
hope it turns out to be a species.

One thing I have noticed about my plant its that despite being six feet
tall, it never holds more than three leaves. As soon as a new leaf
begins to appear, the oldest leaf begins to die. I assumed this is just
how this plant worked, but then I noticed some A. Sarians at Fairchild
in their rainforest that had five or six leaves on them. Am I doing
something wrong? I assumed that since it grew so fast that it was happy,
but if it can only carry a limited amount of leaves, I am beginning to
wonder what it is lacking.  I grow it as a bog plant in with exposure to
full sun for a third of the day, and filtered sun for the rest of the
day, and the roots are always in very saturated conditions, whereas the
Fairchild plants I observed were just in the ground in a semi-shaded
/moist environment. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Adam Black