Re: Irradation

>What will be the effect on seeds and plants by the Post Office's new
>irradation machines.  If you mail seeds or plants...  will they be mush on
>arrival?  What do you think?

Good question. The news I saw on the TV talked about "electron beam
radiation". Assuming for a moment that the TV news somehow succeeded in
getting it right (you U.S. news watchers know this difficult for them, of
course), then what this technique probably is is a heating effect.

I was at the post office this morning, and while waiting in line thought
about asking the clerk if there was any written information available about
the electron beam devices and how they affect other living things such as
seeds. But I did not ask. I had a vision of being surrounded by men in dark
suits and sun glasses.

Don Burns
Fort Lauderdale FL    USA
Zone 10b