Re: [aroid-l] Xanthos. saggitiflorum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Xanthos. saggitiflorum
  • From: "Plantsman" plantsman@prodigy.net
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 11:35:16 -0400

I don't think that I'd put it in such a cold area for storage.
That's sort of what they'd encounter in the grocery store and they
usually deteriorate pretty fast.  I have mine in a 15 gal. pot and
just bring it inside and water it occasionally.  It gets put in a
cool room with very little direct sun and of course the leaves
wither away, but it does survive until Spring.  This also seems to
work pretty well with Alocasia 'Portodora'.

David Sizemore
Kingsport, TN (Zone 6a)