Re: [aroid-l] Xanthos. saggitiflorum

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Xanthos. saggitiflorum
  • From: "Cooper, Susan L." SLCooper@scj.com
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:37:28 -0500

This does pretty well for me as a houseplant in the winter.  You do have to
watch for spider mites though.

My house is very low light, and I've had times when X. saggit dies back to
1-2 leaves but it always perks up again once it gets outside.
Hope this helps a little,

Susan Cooper
zone 5
48F at 11:30am- brr!

A 4 ft Xanthosoma saggitiflorum won't be happy outside in my upcoming zone 4
winter.  Will this plant die back to its tuber (or bulb)?  I dup it up and
it in a pot indoors.

Should I just treat it like a houseplant until spring arrives again?  What
temperature and conditions would it like indoors?

Jean Halverson
Dodgeville WI USA min winter about -20F