[aroid-l] How to store Amorphophallus?

  • Subject: [aroid-l] How to store Amorphophallus?
  • From: "WEAVER,BILL (HP-USA,ex3)" bill.weaver@hp.com
  • Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:33:14 -0400

I enjoyed myself immensely at the IAS convention two weeks ago.
I bought one of each of the Amorphophallus tubers Hom brought
to Fairchild and am not quite sure what to do, as he suggested
not to plant them until spring! When mine go dormant I generally
just stop watering them and leave them in the pot. What is the
'proper' way to store dormant Amorphophallus tubers?

Thanks for any help

Bill Weaver
bill.weaver@hp.com