Re: [aroid-l] HID Lights

I don't know if this still is the case, but I understand that a few years
ago, at least, buying the lights put one at risk for a visit by the DEA
(Drug Enforcement Agency).  It seems that the lights are favored by those
who  grow marijuana inside.

I don't use the lights myself.

I understand such lights and others are used even in southern CA to grow it indoors like in garages, because it is visible outdoors and has an infra red signature. copters fly overhead and do target nurseries. take night photos and so forth. a form of it grows wild as an introduced plant, not the good kind for smoking, one is i Cannabis indica, the other C. sativa...and i occasionally get it as a weed when i get topsoil or horse manure. This copter overhead photography,i regard as unconstitutional search, and i am a non drug user, who takes aspirin only after careful, long, protracted consideration.
I have used these and other lights with great satisfaction to grow just about everything i have ever grown. i SNEEZE with contempt at the Drug Pigs.

So let them come and look for my stash. eh!

lights make it possible to grow things you could not otherwise grow.