Re: [aroid-l] HELP Amorphophallus konjac

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] HELP Amorphophallus konjac
  • From: "Petra Schmidt" petra@plantdelights.com
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:24:41 -0400

I've not seen tuber problems like those in your photos, but I'd suggest that
you cut the infected areas away and see what the tissue looks like beneath
it...if clean, then just use some powdered fungicide on the cleaned cuts and
let the tuber dry out.  The tuber should force out some new growing points
later on.  If the tissue beneath the infected areas looks equally infected,
toss them out.
Were these growing in the ground or in pots?  The damage almost looks like a
burn.  Keep us posted.
Petra