Re: [aroid-l] Remusatia vivipara

  • Subject: Re: [aroid-l] Remusatia vivipara
  • From: Krzysztof Kozminski kk@kozminski.com
  • Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:26:29 -0800

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 11:23 AM, Tony Avent wrote:

Dear Tsuh:

	Remusatia does seem to have a required rest period.  Even when the
vegetative tubercles are planted in fall and kept at 65 degrees F, they
will not sprout until the following June.
I beg to differ. I had them planted in December, kept at 75-80 F, and by June they grew into quite significant plants. Chilling them down to 65 F might have arrested any development.

Tubers, on the other hand, go dormant.