RE: [Aroid-l] Amorph titanum flowering in Sydney, Australia

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Amorph titanum flowering in Sydney, Australia
  • From: Paul Tyerman <ptyerman@ozemail.com.au>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Oct 2004 22:15:26 +1000

At 10:34 8/10/04, you wrote:

Ooops: sorry Paul. In the frenzy of getting the message out via various channels, we (the Sydney Bot Gards) forgot about Aroid-l....... Next time......

The flower is closing now, so was only fully open for about 36 hrs.

Alistair,

Thanks for the response. Definitely frustrating, but given the amount of media work you'd be doing for this I think perfectly understandable. <grin> Were you able to get pollen from one of the American titans that flowered recently so that seed could be attempted?

The smell was quite clearly of over-ripe Camembert served on a bed of sun-drenched road kill.

I just LOVE that description. WAY too easy to picture unfortunately. LOL

Thanks again for the response. I have passed it on to one of the Aussie bulb groups plus the website information etc.

Cheers.

Paul Tyerman

Growing.... Galanthus, Erythroniums, Fritillarias, Trilliums, Cyclamen, Crocus, Cyrtanthus, Oxalis, Liliums, Hellebores, Aroids, Irises plus just about anything else that doesn't move!!!!!