[Aroid-l] Amorphophallus under lights

Hello fellow Amorph-o-philes,

I live in zone 6a and do not have a greenhouse.  I have maybe 20-30 species of Amorphophallus (at some point I need to make a list) and until this year just nursed them along as long as possible in my cold climate until dormancy set in due to a lack of both sun and cold.  Unfortunately, I had maybe 40 pots full decide to not break dormancy this year until August and so my usual plan of attack was out of the question.  Thus, I now have quite a few under a 400W MH HID grow light and after 3 weeks they are doing wonderfully, except for the aphids which have already proven to be a pain in the backside!  I was wondering if anyone could provide any additional thoughts on care as we move further into the fall/winter.  These are sitting on a table, not on the floor and so I think there will likely be enough heat for them (no cold basement floor).  I also have 2 separate fans continuously blowing to keep excellent air circulation.  I have not bothered to mist them at all to date and no one seems to mind, although it has only been three weeks.  Certainly I can not be the only one growing Amorphophallus through the winter under lights and so I would truly appreciate the thoughts of the long-term growers on this forum.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Dan

Dan Devor
Gibsonia, PA
zone 6a