RE: [Aroid-l] Synandrospadix fruits

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Synandrospadix fruits
  • From: <denisrotolante@bellsouth.net>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:26:54 -0400

We just harvested and planted all our Synandrospadix vermitoxicus seeds in September. The Mother plant started to go dormant right before the Aroid show and we took off the orangey green to yellow fruits before the plant totally fell apart. Our Original plants came from Julius Boos several years ago, probably seedlings from the plant whose fruit he tasted. We sowed ours on the surface of a Peat & Perlite soil mix in our shade house with our Anthurium Seedlings. We did not cover them, just depressed them into surface of soil so that they sat in a dimple. They will receive regular waterings along with all the rest of the germinated seedlings and liner plants on the bench, and normal day & night light conditions. Hopefully they will germinate and grow. Happy planting  & Good Luck.

Silver Krome Gardens, Inc

Homestead Florida