RE: [Aroid-l] Hardiness of Philo. Giganteum ?

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Hardiness of Philo. Giganteum ?
  • From: "Tropicals" Tropicals@SolutionsAnalysis.net
  • Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:58:11 -0400

Yes, Skip in zone 9 we have both growing quite large and not bothered by the
salt air, on the other coast. They have tolerated down to 28 but were
covered with freeze cloth those nights.  Hope this helps.  Adding a bit of
100% organic humus to the sandy soil keeps them green and healthy.  The same
with the amorphophallus, they thrive with this and frequent fertilization.

AlterNative Solutions