Re: [Aroid-l] annual Amorphophallus distribution sale

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] annual Amorphophallus distribution sale
  • From: Steve Marak samarak@gizmoworks.com
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 17:24:20 -0500 (CDT)

Aroiders,

I hate to nag, but currently other than the usual hot stock tips, cheap
pharmaceutical ads, and offers to increase the size of (among other things) our
web site traffic, the only things in the Aroid-L queue are replies to Alan's
note which were sent to Aroid-L rather than to Alan, even though Alan's note
said explicitly "please do not hit the reply button" ....

Back in the Early Cretaceous when Aroid-L was started, we forwarded such things
on to the intended destination quickly and cheerfully. After the first few
zillion of them, we did it quickly but not cheerfully. Lately I've been doing
it whenever I got around to it, which is often not quickly. The next step will
be to still forward them, but to think unpleasant thoughts about the sender
during the process.

These posts will get where they're going much more quickly - as well as
eliminating any possible bad karmic effects on you (and me) from the
aforementioned unpleasant thoughts - if you check the "to" field in your post
before you send it and make sure it's going where it should. This is a good
habit for every e-mail you send, as anyone who has accidentally sent a very
personal note to a very large number of people will confirm.

I've often been encouraged to just toss misdirected e-mail in the bit bucket
without comment, but I'm not to that point yet. I screw up too, I'm a plant
fanatic, and in the same situation would appreciate someone else not trashing
my mis-sent e-mail. But I do think about it wistfully now and then.

That said, anyone who likes tuberous aroids, isn't on Alan's list yet, and is
wondering if they should be, the answer is yes. His e-mail is below.

Steve

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, Alan Galloway wrote:

> .... If you are interested in receinving a list of my surplus material,
> please drop me an email so that I can make sure you are on the list or add
> your name to the list.
>
> Please send an email directly to me at: alan_galloway@bellsouth.net, and
> please do not hit the reply button.

-- Steve Marak