RE: [Aroid-l] Xanthosoma? Please help to ID

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Xanthosoma? Please help to ID
  • From: "Julius Boos" ju-bo@msn.com
  • Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 21:57:14 +0000

From : 	Frank <f_h_bln@gmx.net>
Sent : Friday, October 7, 2005 10:23 AM
To : aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject : [Aroid-l] Xanthosoma? Please help to ID

Dear Frank,

Your plants appear to be Xanthosoma violacium (the best name until Dr. Eduardo Goncalves completes his work on reviewing the species of edible Xanthosomas.) The rhizomes are commonly available in Jamaican Groceries as ''red coco".
Good Growing.

Julius

Dear members,
some time ago I have bought some "taro" bulbs on Ebay. On the pictures below
is the resulting plant. I would like to know what species it could be. I
would guess it is Xanthosoma lindenii "purpurea"...What do you think.<<

http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/4282/dscf00130hg.jpg
http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/8066/dscf00149na.jpg
http://img290.imageshack.us/img290/323/dscf00159dx.jpg

Any ideas are welcome. thanx a lot!

Frank Hardung

--
NEU: Telefon-Flatrate fürs dt. Festnetz! GMX Phone_Flat: 9,99 Euro/Mon.*
Für DSL-Nutzer. Ohne Providerwechsel! http://www.gmx.net/de/go/telefonie

Rep