RE: [Aroid-l] Xanthosoma? Please help to ID

  • Subject: RE: [Aroid-l] Xanthosoma? Please help to ID
  • From: "Eduardo Goncalves" edggon@hotmail.com
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 14:47:06 +0000

Dear Frank,

In my opinion, it is a young Xanthosoma atrovirens. Probably it has a completely orange flesh on tubers ("chubas"?) Xanthosoma atrovirens is one of the most variable species in the genus. Completely green form are also common.

Very best wishes,

Dr. Eduardo G. Goncalves
Universidade Catolica de Brasilia
Curso de Ciencias Biologicas