Re: [Aroid-l] help for novice

  • Subject: Re: [Aroid-l] help for novice
  • From: "Noel Crisler" ncrisler@cox.net
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:25:03 -0400

Thanks so much for the info---------have received several invaluable answers! All agree.

Noel
Norfolk, VA
----- Original Message ----- From: <bonaventure@optonline.net>
To: "Discussion of aroids" <aroid-l@gizmoworks.com>
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 11:12 AM

I drag mine inside just before night temps go in the 30's, cram it into a corner of the living room, stop watering, and wait 2 months for the leaves to die down. Then I wait another 2 months to allow the rest of the soil to dry out, after which I unpot, check the tuber(s), and then hang them in an open plastic shopping bag from a nail on my basement ceiling rafters until I see shoots poking out in late May/ early June.

Bonaventure Magrys
Cliffwood Beach, NJ
zone 7