[Aroid-l] Climbing Aroid

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] Climbing Aroid
  • From: "Steve Hammonds" lmgsteve@hotmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 14:07:18 +0000

A quick introduction is in order. I have been on this mailing list for a few year now & would like to thank everyone for all the valuable information freely given. I'm on the UK West Coast (Wales) & dabble in the less usual plants that can be grown in our wet USDA zone 9 climate.

I have a couple of questions I hope you can help with.

This is a Quote from a friend who encountered an unknown, to him, Aroid, growing in Madeira:

"First one is an aroid that climbs exactly like a monstera but has leaves like a Typhonium venustum/Dracunculus vulgaris."

I bumped into something similar wile holidaying in Jamaica several years back, & we think it may be the same or closely related.

There is a picture at:- http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/ttrainss/Oasis/climbingaroid.jpg

Could sombody put a name to it for us?

The second request is a little more commercial. I work for a small garden centre/nursery & my manager is interested in growing/selling some of the more hardy bulbous Aroids. If anybody has links, phone numbers or email addresses of commercial suppliers to the UK, I would be grateful to receive them.

Could you please email them to tufftropicals@hotmail.com rather than posting to this board.

Thank you,

Steve Hammonds.

Aroid-l mailing list