Re: [Aroid-l] Cyrtosperma merkusii--the story

Hello Brian, Julius, and everybody else who shared
there info and insight on this beautiful plant.

The Markusii that Brian sent a link of from Hawaii
doesnt look "exactly" like the one that is growing at
Fairchild. It may very well be the same plant, since I
am no expert. But it appears that the leaf on the one
that Brian sent a link to has a softer leaf almost
like a Xanthosoma Sagitifollia when compared to an
Alocasia Odora leaf.

Here is a link to the plant that looks identical to
the one growing at Fairchild:

http://dscherberich.free.fr/MUNICH/cyrtomerkusiim.html

Again they very well may be the same plant, or a
variation of the same plant.

Thanks
Eric

http://www.botany.hawaii.edu/faculty/carr/images/cyr_cha_hab.jpg