[Aroid-l] mardy's big aroids

  • Subject: [Aroid-l] mardy's big aroids
  • From: john s smolowe johnssmolowe@pacbell.net
  • Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:11:31 -0700

mardy called to say these 3 are indeed indoors, in his pool house. so that explains their frost tolerance. but i still say they look amazing. i grow a. veitchii and a. waroqueanum in my greenhouse, and i thought mine were pretty til i saw these pictures. twice as big and perfect leaves! how do you get perfect leaves anyway?!? makes me smile and think of the perfect dogs in "best in show."  well, mine are still pretty. i'll just reassure mine that they can be proud they're distant cousins of mardy's anthuriums. maybe they'll glow with the association.

john s

great photos, great plants. is that mardy darian? if so, i am amazed he can grow those aroids outside in vista (near san diego)! it gets into the low 30s! also speaks to his success humidifying the microclimate under his palm overstory,  cause it's almost desert in vista. congratulations!

john s

Mardy wants to share his happy results in growing Anthurium veitchii, warocqueanum and an unknown. Any ideas on the unidentified one would be appreciated.  banta