Re: [Aroid-l] Looooong tuberzzzzzzzzz

However, some bastards need
> extra grit in the soil, since they will rot whatever you try (think
> pendulus, manta, bufo and that bunch o'clowns).
> Cheerio,
> Wilbert

Dear Lord P.(eat),

have you tried the malesiana-potting-mix
( http://www.malesiana.com/html/aroids_pg10.htm ) with the difficult

I tried this (modified: 1/3 each of Einheiteserde (60:40=white
peat:clay), perlite, charcoal) with my ex vitro titanum compared with
Einheiterde P and was very pleased.
The plants in the malesiana-mix are a liitle bit taler now and the root
development seems to be much better.

To give an impression of the two substrates see:

The pictures were taken on August, 8th and  September, 26th,
respectively, and the plants do very well.
Admittedly, the difference betwen the substrates does not look very big,
but I have never had such a good root development than in the

Happy growing,
Dollbergen, Germany
approx. zone 6/7

Aroid-l mailing list