Philodendron rubrocinctum Engl.

  • Subject: Philodendron rubrocinctum Engl.
  • From: "ExoticRainforest" <Steve@exoticrainforest.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:18:05 -0500

I've got another Philodenron I can find hardly a word on in print.  I've learned it comes from both Ecuador and Colombia, that's about it!  If any of you know anything about this species I'd really appreciate the input.  Philodendron rubrocinctum Engl. is often sold by Ecuagenera and I've heard it grows large.  But I know little else.  The leaves have an interesting velvet texture as you can see in the photo.  If you've got photos, grow the plant, have had any experience with seeing it in the wild, or anything else, I'd really like to gather all the information possible.
Thanks again!
Steve Lucas

Aroid-L mailing list