Re: Colocasia gaoligongensis?/Pete Boyce

  • Subject: Re: Colocasia gaoligongensis?/Pete Boyce
  • From: "Peter Boyce" <botanist@malesiana.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 18:45:17 +0800

Hi Julius,

Yep, this is gaoligongensis; one of a raft of new Colocasia described from
SW China in recent years. It is very distinct when you see it grwoing next
to esculenta, not least in that the leaves are glossy and after rain become
uniformly wet rather then the water forming 'mercury drops' on the glaucous
surface.

As ever

Peter