Re: bulbifer bulb

  • Subject: Re: bulbifer bulb
  • From: "D. Christopher Rogers" <crogers@ecoanalysts.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 09:09:30 -0700

Hiyer, Susan!

I let mine air dry for a day, then I dust them with cinnamon, place them in egg cartons, and store them in a plastic box. If I put them on the shelf they do shrivel. If you want to leave them in the soil, they should be either in a greenhouse, or set the pot on a tray full of damp sand.

At the University greenhouse, A. bulbifer is a weed, dropping bulbils all over, which come up in pots that they are not supposed to be in.

Good luck,

D. Christopher Rogers

Invertebrate Ecologist/Taxonomist

EcoAnalysts, Inc.

(530) 406-1178

707 Dead Cat Alley

Suite 201

Woodland, CA 95695 USA

Invertebrate Taxonomy

● Invertebrate Ecological Studies

● Bioassessment and Study Design

● Endangered Invertebrate Species

● Invasive Invertebrate Species

● Periphyton/ Phytoplankton

● Zooplankton

Moscow, ID ● Bozeman, MT ● Woodland, CA ● Joplin, MO ● Selinsgrove, PA