gonatopus boivinii dormancy

  • Subject: gonatopus boivinii dormancy
  • From: John Ludwig <aroidgrower@verizon.net>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 17:38:48 -0400

Hello to all,

I have a dormancy question about this species.

I have just recently brought this indoors for the winter. This is my
first year growing this and have had it for about 4 months now. It
did not put on any new growth, but when I re-potted it in late August
it was just starting to produce a lot of new roots.

I had to re-pot almost everything I had because my soil was not
draining well at all.

The light level has dropped for this plant since I brought it inside
3 weeks ago. The leaves are turning a little yellow. No new growth
yet above soil level.

Does this Species have a distinct dormant period?

Or should I attribute the yellowing to possibly slight over watering
and not enough light since it was moved indoors?

Does this species require bone dry conditions during dormancy?

I thank everyone for any advice they can share.

John Ludwig
Aroid-L mailing list