Amorphophallus titanum in ground

  • Subject: Amorphophallus titanum in ground
  • From: Eric Schmidt <leu242@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 14:40:06 -0700 (PDT)

Last summer I planted an amorphophallus titanum in the
ground here. It was about 2ft tall with a golf ball
sized tuber. It went dormant in fall with the rest of
the Amorphallus. This spring and summer it did not
return. I dug around and couldn't find the tuber.
Figured it had rotted, a squirrel dug it up, etc. In
the last couple of weeks it began emerging. Here it is
today.

Eric
Orlando,FL z9b/10a