Re: C. 'Fontanesii' id - Pete's id

  • Subject: Re: C. 'Fontanesii' id - Pete's id
  • From: Tony Avent <tony@plantdelights.com>
  • Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 18:24:32 -0400

Pete:

I checked the flowers on our C. 'Fontanesii' and indeed the spathes do
open quite a bit wider than the C. esculenta cultivars that we grow.
Can you direct us to an article about the C.gaoligongenis/lihengiae
complex.  We found plants in Vietnam that seem to resemble C.
gaoligongensis, but these look nothing like C. 'Fontanesii'.  Please,
tell us more.

Tony Avent
Plant Delights Nursery @
Juniper Level Botanic Garden
9241 Sauls Road
Raleigh, North Carolina  27603  USA
Minimum Winter Temps 0-5 F
Maximum Summer Temps 95-105F
USDA Hardiness Zone 7b
email tony@plantdelights.com
website  http://www.plantdelights.com
phone 919 772-4794
fax  919 772-4752
"I consider every plant hardy until I have killed it myself...at least three times" - Avent