Re: Tropicos

  • Subject: Re: Tropicos
  • From: "Julius Boos" <ju-bo@msn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 09:59:32 +0000

>From : 	Leo A. Martin <leo@possi.org>
Sent : 	Friday, October 19, 2007 12:07 AM
To : 	aroid-l@gizmoworks.com
Subject : 	[Aroid-l] Tropicos

Dear Leo and all aroidophiles,

I should have corrected myself on aroid-L  for this incorrect statement of
mine, but things have been tough, forgive me.
Derek Burch informed me of this a while ago., you are correct of what
Tropicos does.

>Tropicos, for some reason, continues to carry
>some outdated and incorrect information on plants,
>and appears to be in dire need
>of being updated.  Volunteers???

I don't think Tropicos' maintainers intend it to be the place to go for
the currently accepted name of a plant. I think the mission is to
all published names for plants. Deciding what is correct is up to the
reader. You may notice all the names given have publication information
attached so it may be looked up.

Leo Martin
Phoenix Arizona USA

Aroid-L mailing list